Monday, October 3, 2016

Giant Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Giant Oatmeal Choc Chip Cookies

Since I'm home every day by 2:30pm now (yeah!)  I've actually had some time to re-organize all my cupboards and cabinets. I started by putting everything in glass. I used lots of mason jars because they are the most economical, but I also bought some beautiful large Italian glass jars for things like oatmeal, wheat bran, and some of the mixes I make.

I break out my trusty label maker, slap a label on everything and I have one neat and organized looking pantry. I also did this with my spices. I found the cutest jars at Home Goods. I had to go to 2 different stores but I got enough of them to store every last spice in them. It makes me much happier than it should!

When I started to jar up the oats l I realized that I had a lot of oats, so many oats in fact that I needed to make something with them. I already made a few batches of my granola but I wanted to make something sweet for the guys. I found these colossal cookies and decided to make them cause hey, sometimes you just need to make a colossal cookie. Some days normal sizes cookie just don't cut it.

Needless to say, I think you can see by looking at the pictures that they were indeed very happy with these cookies.

Giant Oatmeal Choc Chip Cookies 1

Giant Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe from Lisa@The Cutting Edge of Ordinary
PRINTABLE RECIPE
This recipe makes 8 GIANT cookies.
1 stick butter at room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar, do not pack
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon molasses
3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cups rolled oats (not quick oats)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon cornstarch
1 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli)

Preheat the oven to 350° and line 2 sheet trays with parchment paper. In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and cornstarch. Set aside.

In a large bowl with a hand mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar, egg and molasses until completely smooth. Add in the dry mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until evenly mixed. This mixture is thick so make sure you use something sturdy! Stir in the chocolate chips.

Portion cookie dough into 1/3 cup balls and roll in between palms to make round ball. This batter will make 8 big cookies. Place 4 cookie balls on each baking sheet. Bake 1 tray at a time. Bake for 15 minutes. Wait 5 minutes before removing from baking sheet. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.

No comments: