Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Apple Fritter Bread & the cookbook winners!

Apple Fritter Bread 3

What is is with me and the whole apple fritter thing? Really. I'm just apple fritter crazy lately.

Just ask my family how many times I've said "fritter batter, fritter batter, fritter batter". Once I start I can't stop, lol. You know you just tried it!

I've been busy getting my Thanksgiving menu ready and my Apple Fritter Cake is on that menu. It was such a hugely popular cake that I decided to look for other "apple fritter" recipe. I turned to Pinterest as I do so many times and this beauty popped up.

It only uses 2 apples so you don't have to sit and peel and chop a while buncha apples. It came together really quickly. I even had my sous chef Mitchell to help me stir and mix this one. Thanks Mitchell!

Apple Fritter Bread 2

We loved it. It produces a moist and tender cake. Perfect with a cup of coffee or tea if you're like me!

I'll be posting a few of my favorite Thanksgiving sides in the next week. I've got a fantastic Creamy Veggie Casserole coming your way. It makes frozen veggies taste amazing!

Apple Fritter Bread

Apple Fritter Bread
recipe from The Baking Chocola Tess
Printable recipe
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk
2 apples, peeled and chopped (any kind), mixed with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon

For the glaze:
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
2 - 3 tablespoons of milk or maple sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a 9x5-inch loaf pan and spray with non-stick spray or line with parchment and spray with non-stick spray for easy release.

Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside. In another medium-sized bowl, beat white sugar and butter together using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, add in vanilla. Combine & whisk flour and baking powder together in another bowl and add into creamed butter mixture and stir until blended. Mix milk into batter until smooth. Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan; add half the apples and half the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture. Lightly pat apple mixture into batter. Pour the remaining batter over apple layer and top with remaining apples and brown sugar/cinnamon mixture. Lightly pat apples into batter; swirl the top a little using knife or spoon. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, approximately 50-60 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes before adding the glaze.

For the glaze
Add a half cup of confectioners sugar in a bowl. I like to add pure maple syrup to my sugar for a mapley flavor. You can also use milk. Just add enough to get it to the right consistency for drizzling.

Cookbook winners!

I have to tell you all, based on the comments, stuffing and mashed taters seem to be high on your lists of favorite sides!

And the winners of the autographed copies of Callie's Biscuits and Southern Traditions!

Lynda Herman who said

I love it all, but the green bean casserole might be my favorite!

Tracy McGinty who said

Oyster Dressing! 

Congratulations ladies. Please contact me with your mailing addresses!

No comments: