Friday, February 28, 2014

Easy Sausage Pizza Skillet




The nice folks at Jimmy Dean contacted me and asked me to create a recipe using Jimmy Dean Sausage crumbles.

I didn't even know Jimmy Dean made sausage crumbles did you?

Well now I know and I have to say....they can be a time saver in the kitchen! You can find them in the refrigerated section of your local grocery store. They make a turkey sausage crumble too and they come in a handy re-sealable bag!




I decided to try something with a pizza theme since almost everyone loves pizza. Are there people who don't love it? I can imagine???

Anyway, I thought about for a week or so and I came up with this very easy one skillet meal. You don't have lots of pots and pans to clean, you don't have a sink full of dishes to wash, but you do have dinner in under a half hour. A very delicious dinner I might add.

If you have little ones in the house, you could even have them help you prepare this!



Easy Sausage Skillet Bake
recipe from Lisa @The Cutting Edge of Ordinary
1/2 cups Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles (I used the original, but you can use the turkey crumble if you prefer)
1/2 cup diced pepperoni
1 can (14.5 ounce) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
6 Grands buttermilk biscuits cut into 8 pieces each

In a 9 inch cast iron skillet (or any oven proof skillet), place the sausage crumbles and the diced pepperoni. Let them heat up just until they are warm. Add in the can of diced tomatoes, and the Italian seasoning. Remove from stove.

Cut 6 grands biscuits into 8 pieces each. Gently toss the biscuits into the skillet along with 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and a 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese.

Bake at 400 for 20 - 25 minutes or until the biscuits are lightly golden brown. Top with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and serve warm!

#spon: I'm required to disclose a relationship between our site and Jimmy Dean. This could include Jimmy Dean providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.


No comments: