Monday, October 15, 2012

Chocolate Chip Espresso Pumpkin Bread

Pumpkin Espresso Chocolae Chip Bread>

Yes I jumped on the pumpkin bandwagon.

It seems like everywhere I turn I seem something pumpkin flavored. Coffee, cookies, cake mixes. Pumpkin is everywhere and I'm so ok with that.

Every fall I stock up a bit on pumpkin. My local BJ's Wholesale club sells pumpkin in a three pack. I'm talking the big cans too. I usually buy a couple each year so I'm always stocked with pumpkin. You never know when there will be a pumpkin emergency you know?

Did you also know that pumpkin is really good for your dog if they have an upset stomach? A few tablespoons is all it takes and I can tell you from experience it really works.

Although I'm sure Moose would love to get a hold of a peice of this bread, this was only for the humans in the house.

This recipe makes 3 loaves of bread. I love that. One to keep and two to give away. I wrapped up one of these loaves and hung it on a friends door handle. She was so happy with the surprise. I gave another to my neighbors son who helped us move a really heavy TV. He's always happy to help us cause I pay him in food.

You could add nuts to this, but my picky crew would complain, so I went with big chocolate chips. Good decision.


Pumpkin Espresso Chocolae Chip Bread 1

This is the second fantastic blog I've found lately. Check out Add a Pinch. Her site is loaded with goodness.

Chocolate Chip Espresso Pumpkin Bread
recipe from Add a Pinch
Makes 3 loaves.
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup vegetable oil
⅔ cup espresso *Note
3 cups granulated sugar
3½ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1½ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon ground cloves
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
1½ cups chocolate chips **Note
1 cup walnuts (optional)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Add all ingredients except the chips and nuts to a large mixing bowl. I whisked all my dry ingredients together and add them into the batter. Stir together until just combined. Add the chips and nuts in and stir until just combined.

Pour into three loaf pans prepared with baking spray or lightly buttered and floured. I found that each pan held about 2 cups of batter. I scooped up the batter with measuring cup so each pan would have approximately the same amount. I also dotted the top of each loaf with additional chips.

Bake for 50 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Turn out of loaf pan and allow to cool completely.

* Note - I'm not a coffee drinker, so I'm certainly not an espresso drinker but I do keep instant espresso powder in my spice cupboard. What I did was add 2 teaspoons of espresso powder to 2/3 cup of very hot water. Stir and add!

*Note - I used Ghiradelli double chocolate bittersweet chips.

6 comments:

Callie Grayson said...

Oh! I am making this pumpkin bread this weekend! I love pumpkin!
Xx
Callie

Gerilynne said...

Cats like pumpkin too - and I believe it does for them what it does for dogs. I love pumpkin in all forms - never too early for pumpkin recipes. Thanks, Lisa.

Carmen said...

This recipe contains everything I love - pumpkin, espresso, and chocolate! I'm definitely going to try this. Thank you for sharing the recipe. :-)

Rian said...

Good one! I will try this also. Anything with chocolate and espresso is usually wonderful. (And just FYI, I get my espresso powder at Williams Sonoma)

Luvdaylilies said...

I hope you don't mind~I pinned your pumpkin recipe to pinterest. Afterwards I saw your post about your photos, ugh, sorry!
So if you wish for me to take down the pin I will be happy to do so
just email=)
Lethea
AKA Luvdaylilies
Luvdaylilies at bellsouth dot net

The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

Luv...that perfectly ok. Thanks for re-pinning.