Friday, October 28, 2011

Before & Afters - Part 2

The breezeway is finally done! We actually finished it about 2 weeks ago.

My anxiety level is finally dropping.

I just can't take it when things are a mess or my routine is broken. I am a creature of habit in the worst way.

So my floor went in, my furniture is all refinished, and the walls are painted. All I had to do was decorate.

Thought you might like to see a picture of the ugly dry sink before.

Dry sink before

Here it is with the top partially off.

Dry sink before 1


Ugly right? It was a horrible 70's green. This piece belonged to my parents before I inherited it back in the 80's. It was green stain no less with a nice thick coat of polyurethane on it. What a joy to strip!

John spent hours sanding. That was not a fun day.

Dry sink before 2

After a few coats of paint and some new hardware, my ugly old dry sink was barely recognizable!

Dry Sink After

Not bad hey?

The project haven't ended though, in fact they are just beginning. We have Christmas woodworking ahead of us. I'm really excited about this years project. I also picked up 4 step stools at yard sales. I've refinished 3 of the 4 so far. I don't know why but I have a thing for cute little step stools. Two of them are just the cutest little pieces made in Romania no less.

So we begin our busy season. Every year there's lots of crafting and canning going on. I have apple sauce and apple butter to can up over the next few weeks and I have to start working on this years Christmas ornament.

I love Fall.

Have I mentioned that????

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Your dry sink looks great!
You did a great job.

trump said...

I was just passing through and thought id stop and say hello. Richard from the Amish community of Lebanon,Pa.