Friday, October 9, 2009

Raisinette Oatmeal Cookies

Oatmeal Raisinette Cookies CU

Oatmeal cookies are one of my favorites. My husbands too.

We like raisins in our cookies.

The boys do not.

Sometimes it's just tough luck for the boys and what Mama & Papa want rules.

We wanted chewy oatmeal cookies with raisins in them, no wait, we wanted
chewy oatmeal cookies with RAISINETTES in them.
Yeah that's what we wanted.

I have no idea where I got this recipe. It was another scrap in my recipe basket.
As I scoured through the basket looking for inspiration as I often do, I remembered clipping this out of a magazine at some point and thinking "raisinettes in a cookie - genius!"

Oatmeal Raisinette Cookies


These cookies were just heaven. A perfect oatmeal cookie with little hints of
chocolate wrapped around plump, sweet raisins. So good.

Even the raisinettes didn't completely deter Jess, he ate around them, lol.
If you pick up the 11oz bag of raisinettes it the perfect amount for this recipe.

Raisinette Oatmeal Cookies
Printable recipe
Yields 3 dozen
1 cup (2 sticks) butter softened
¾ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 ¾ cup rolled oats (you can use quick cooking oats, but I like the rolled oats better)
1 ½ cups (11oz bag) of raisinettes

In a large bowl cream the butter and the sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs. Add in the vanilla.

In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk to combine. Gradually add this to the creamed mixture. Mix well. Stir in the oats and raisinettes.

Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on a parchment lined (or greased) cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let these cool for 5 minutes in the pan before you remove them to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.

Oatmeal Raisinette Cookies bite

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I am at work reading this and now everyone wants me to make these, but I still have my eye on the upside down apple cake ;-)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I think we are all in a baking mood! I'm planning to bake when it gets cool this weekend! I love anything with oatmeal!

Christina and Jacob said...

Raisinettes! In cookies! Why didn't I ever think of that before!?!? Genius. Thanks for the great recipe. As soon as I can get my hands on some raisinettes (and avoid eating all of them right away) I'm so making this.

Bunny said...

Oh my word Lisa these are terrific! I was just thinking about oatmeal cookies too! Your pictures are perfect!

Nutmeg Nanny said...

Wow I don't think I would have thought of putting raisinette's in a cookie! I bet you and your husband ate all them in no time:)

Rocquie said...

What a great idea! I'm going to try these when I start my holiday baking.

Unknown said...

I saw some dark chocolate raisinettes in the checkout lane at the grocery store today. Those might be awesome.

Lisa, did I tell you about the dark chocolate blackberry pie a friend made? She paints melted dark chocolate on the bottom of the crust before putting in the filling. The essence of the chocolate permeates the pie. Mmmmm.

I'll try to find a link for you.

ahalya said...

This is TRULY genius. I have to make these!